The „Lab of the Future Tour“ at the Chair of Bioprocess Engineering was conducted on the 27.10.21 in the frame of the World Smart Bioprocessing: Pharma 4.0 Summit for an exclusive group of participants.
The „Lab of the Future“, the KIWI-biolab, at the Chair of Bioprocess Engineering is one of three International AI Future Laboratories in Germany.
The tour showcased advanced bioprocessing with artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), internet of things (IOT) as well as tools for flexible cultivation and bioprocess engineering facilities, e.g. for scale down and scale up. Also process analytical technologies were demonstrated.
In detail, the following topics were adressed and discussed with the participants (please click on the photos to enlarge):
PAT solutions and the Bio-PAT Network:
– chromatography systems and lipid nanoparticle production technology (KNAUER Wissenschaftliche Geräte GmbH)
– custom designed, modular and automated cell culturing systems (OSPIN GmbH)
– analysis of the population heterogeneity and particle size ditribution by in-situ microscopy (SOPAT GmbH)
– in-situ particle analysis in turbid or high cell density media / products (PDW Analytics GmbH)
Bioprocess scale down and scale up, new tools for flexible cultivation in single-use rocking-motion bioreactors (Celltainer Biosolutions GmbH)
Bioprocess robot laboratory for systematic bioprocess development:
– Bioprocess robustness analysis, development of digital models for your process
– Method development for robotic facilities
– Programming for laboratory robots from simple to complex integrated solutions
Further contributions of the Chair of Bioprocess Engineering to the conference were the presentation of Dr. M. Nicolas Cruz B. from the KIWI-biolab on the 27.10.21, Dr. Stefan Junne from the PAT– and Smart Bioproduction Grids on the 28.10.21 and Prof. Peter Neubauer on the 29.10.21. Follow the Blog of the Chair of Bioprocess Engineering.
More pictures of the Summit can be seen here.